[PS4] Kitchen

Game discussion
christian

[PS4] Kitchen

Post by christian »

Capcom-Kitchen-Tech-Demo-E3.jpg
Capcom-Kitchen-Tech-Demo-E3.jpg (42.79 KiB) Viewed 977 times
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/capcom-kitch ... ch-demo-e3
Sal Romano wrote: Capcom will showcase Kitchen, a tech demo for PlayStation 4 virtual reality headset Project Morpheus at E3 2015 this week, the publisher announced.

The tech demo promises to “pushe the boundaries of a gameplay experience” with an “unprecedented level of sensory immersion.” It is set in a disturbing kitchen where a tense scenario draws players into a “hyper-realistic virtual world like never before.” It runs on Capcom’s fully VR-compatible new game engine (still to be named), runs in 1080p at 60 frames per second (and suports Morhpeus’ increased 120 frames per second out), and is playable at the Sony booth.
christian

Re: Kitchen

Post by christian »

HipHopGamer plays Kitchen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GjRgKdoOJQ

I wonder if other people who loved P. T. will be as quick to embrace this game. I've already begun to see some resistance to it online. But I'm so thrilled to see Capcom pushing for this kind of experience on VR. Seems like a perfect fit.

Here's for hoping it grows into more than just a tech demo.
christian

Re: [PS4] Kitchen

Post by christian »

So it did grow into something more. It became Biohazard 7. Similar to how P. T. was supposed to become Silent Hills.

It's included on the Playstation VR demo disc. I loaded it up, but hilariously couldn't stand to play more than about 10 seconds of it. Forget about whatever "VR legs" is supposed to mean. You'll rather need to develop your endurance to extreme scenarios. Not only that, but your will to even face them in the first place. I've already begun to notice this with Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, where I hesitate to continue on to an uncleared stage. I haven't been this affected by horror games since Silent Hill 2, which I foolishly broke by reiterating to myself that it was only a videogame and there were "no more surprises". As in, I'd already seen all the possible enemy types. As soon as I did that, the fear driven by the uncertainty of what was beyond the next door vanished. All that remained were those "game design pillars" that had formerly held up the bridge to videogame art. And to think that such a minor earthquake undid the whole thing.

But couple the cinematic horror of a game like Until Dawn with the lean design requirements of VR, and it'll be just as Doc Brown said, "Where we're going, we don't need roads."
christian

Re: [PS4] Kitchen

Post by christian »

You know it reminds me of those early 3D movies they used to show in the early '90s back when I was a kid. They used to terrify me.